Slide show

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Cancer--a family affair


To say our families have been amazing through our whole experience is an understatement. They have done everything from provide life-saving stem cells to the latest bit of service--delivering medication. This weekend we were up in Midway enjoying time with my family. In Jon's haste to rush home from work and meet us in the mountains he threw in his almost empty bottle of his most important medication rather than the bottle that was just filled. As soon as we realized the mistake we exhausted all our resources to fill his prescription at a local pharmacy. The only option was to make a 2 1/2 hour round trip drive back home. That was our only option until Jon remembered that our brother-in-law was biking the Tour de Utah and his race went right down Main Street of Midway. So a new plan was made. Justin would put Jon's medicine in a ziplock in his jersey and at the appointed spot he would throw Jon his medicine and continue on his race. I am continually amazed at the parts that everyone plays to make sure we have have everything we need and that Jon's transplant is successful. How many times can one say thank you?

As I mentioned earlier, we didn't start a blog when Jon was diagnosed because it made him feel like the cancer patient, but I do feel bad that the only way we documented it was random emails. So I have added a little cancer chapter (to the left, labeled "Cancer Updates") mostly for me so I can remember what life was like--the really wonderful and the really hard.

5 comments:

Trevor and Brooke said...

Hey Quinn, I saw your new blog address on Jenn Olsen's blog. So glad to see it up and running! Lets get together soon again!

carlston said...

Hi Jon and Quinn... I saw your blog address on Jon's facebook- hope you don't mind me checking in on you. It's so fun to see your family and your darling kids. I think I have told Jon this before, but we have lived such parallel lives -Matt and I were best friends in High School, college, missions, dental school, 3 kids - (2 boys and a girl )- very similar to you. It's great to see how you guys doing. Take care.

Kelli said...

Jon,
Pat's out of town, but I will have him get in touch with you when he gets home.
Thanks,
Kelli

Jarbon said...

WOW- Everyone is so big, we miss you guys so much. Austin has really enjoyed looking at all of your kids. He loved the one of Cale with snow all over his face. It looks like you guys are doing well. It was good to talk to you the other day, we miss yo a ton and tell everyone Hi! Nice job on the cake! So impressed.

Arbon Family said...

I must have been logged under Jess- Sorry